Thursday, March 21st, 2013
First, Louis CK on work (and of course, being awesome)
And recently, a note to self on work:
- Treat it like it's the most important thing in the world because it is.
- Be nice.
- Don't use your phone.
- Not a single personal social web site [ed: not really doing much of this anyway, but still].
- Work. Hard. This is your life.
- They like you. They wanted you. They're paying you, but they will stop if you don't do a good job.
- Don't forget how painful and humiliating the interview process was.
- Don't forget about the loss of respect.*
- Don't leave the office; they are paying attentiion.
- You make X per hour. That is a ton of money. Earn as much as you can every day. 9 to six, no matter how painful that is.
- This project will be harder than you think it will be, but it can be done. Don't get cocky, but don't get mad. Do the work.
Finally, read this every single day.